Thursday, May 22, 2014

Growing

Happy Thursday!

As I walked around my gardens this morning, I was struck by so much growth! I'm amazed how fast my vegetable garden has taken off... I have so much cilantro and my romaine lettuce!  I'll be bringing salad to all the weekend festivities :)

Much like my garden is growing so quickly, I feel the same with my children. Every time I look at them they seem older, taller, and wiser. As they grow into the adults God created them to be, I too am trying to grow in my parenting.  Sometimes my husband and I just look at each other and smile, thinking...what do we have here?

Just as we prepare our gardens for growth, God prepares each of us for the next season of life.  He prepares our hearts for them to take the next steps; he prepares their minds and bodies for their futures.

As your children step into the next stage, whatever transition time it may be...preschool to grade school, grade school to high school,  high school to college or even college to marriage...make sure you transition with them!  Take some time in the morning to reflect on the past, but more importantly, pray for the future and the new adventures and memories that await your family.

Peace and blessings,
Lesa

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment