Monday, May 19, 2014

Let Them Inspire You


As I sit here this morning, I'm thinking about the whirlwind weekend we've had with our family.
We just celebrated the graduation of our oldest daughter from college. As I sat there during the ceremony, I was reflecting on all the hard work, sacrifice, time, service, and passion our Abby put into the degree she just earned!  I was sad that she was already finished because it meant life was going so fast, but I was also overwhelmed with massive pride!  I was trying to process all the emotions, festivities, and memories we were making...it was just too much to take in.

On our drive home, I took a letter out of my purse that our daughter had given us.  I knew I needed to be in a private place to read it and that God would provide just the right time.  As I read the beautifully written letter, the message was so clear...God was inspiring me through my own child. God gives us these children to teach us about life and I learned so much from that letter.

I learned that every act of love you do for your kids...they remember and appreciate.
I learned that every sacrifice you make...they know.
I learned that all they really want in life is to make you proud because it's the only way they know how to repay you!

In those times when you feel like you are working so hard as a parent, just know...It is making a difference. They are listening, and if you listen, they will inspire you!

Peace and blessings,
Lesa


    "Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven."
     Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment