Monday, April 14, 2014

Let's get to know each other :)

Good morning readers!

My name is Lesa Keeven and I am a wife, parent, teacher, and former administrator.  Ten years ago, I began writing a parenting book after an early morning coffee conversation with my sister. She was expecting her first child in four months, so we began discussing parenting, discipline, education, and the amazing gift from God that was about to arrive. After I got off the phone and poured myself another cup of coffee, I began reflecting on the conversation.  The phrase, "Parent Me, Please" popped in my head and I thought, "This is the beginning of a great book." Years before, I had considered writing a book for new teachers, but as my career path continued, I began teaching and mentoring so much that my ideas never made it to paper. So, it was then, after the coffee chat with my sister,  I knew that I needed to begin writing. After all, parents are their child's first teachers!

As I sit here today and reread the words I wrote years ago, I realize that my nephew just celebrated his 10th birthday, my sister now has two other beautiful children, and life has been very busy. My oldest daughter, Abby, is 22 years old and getting married in August. My Molly is 20 and in her second year of college, and my baby Drew is 16.  This past weekend, my daughters and I attended an amazing women's retreat.  It was something I had wanted to do with my girls before the wedding. As the weekend progressed, so did my conversations, prayers, and dreams.  One of the conversations I had was with an amazing speaker and writer. I told her about my book, and she recommended a blog. I pondered the thought on my way home, prayed about it, and began discussing the possibility with my girls.

Ten years ago, God placed the idea on my heart! Now ten years later, the book has become a blog, the dream has become bigger, and I have more years of parenting knowledge and experience to share with you. I'm excited for this journey, and I pray that you may find meaning in my words.

Peace and blessings,
Lesa

"He has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment