Monday, April 28, 2014

Growing In Prayer

Happy Monday!

As I sit here this morning reflecting on my weekend,  I'm reminded on a special moment I had with my niece, Megan.  She just celebrated her First Communion and she was so excited!  I gave her a child's devotional, and after she opened it, she took me to her room and showed me where she wanted to place it...right next to her Bible on her prayer table!!  It was such a beautiful little spot and one that she was so proud to share :)

Not every child makes their own prayer table in their room but every child needs to know the importance of prayer and thanksgiving. As children grow, give them opportunities that will help them grow in their prayer life too, even if it's not a traditional approach. Try a prayer board in your house, Christian music playing in the car, a daily devotional via email, or a nightly Bible reading for the family. Offering them different opportunities to connect with God, allows them to express and grow in their own prayer life, no matter how old they are.  For example, lately I've been texting our son a daily picture of my morning devotional.  He doesn't admit it, but I think he might just appreciate it :)

Peace and blessings,
Lesa

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment