Monday, April 21, 2014

Job Jar

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter with their families!

As I sit here this morning planning my day and making my list, I look around and see the aftermath of a
wonderful Easter celebrated together.  The kids are still sleeping, the house is a mess and I have a few chores I would like to do before everyone goes back to school tomorrow.

As I do this, I'm reminded of an activity I did with my kids when they were younger.  I called it "Job Jar" and it was an attempt to get some chores done and have fun with the kids all at the same time.  I still have my "Job Jar" and I'm thinking about breaking it out this morning...they will love it ;)  Now that they are older, they know my plan to get some work out of them but when they were younger, they really did love it!!  Here's how it works... I write all the job that need to be done on small pieces of paper with a dollar amount by it, they are placed in the jar and each child picks one out.  They race to get the job finished, pick another job and continue until all the jobs are finished.  In the end, they add up the small dollar amounts on the jobs, compare their profits, and plan their purchases.  We then head to the Dollar Store for the ultimate shopping experience :)  It makes for a fun day and a good way to get a few extra jobs done that aren't their regular expected chores.  Have fun together today!

P.S. Trades are allowed!

Peace and blessings,
Lesa

No comments:

Post a Comment